• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confusedme

What is the name of your state? nj
i am a foriegn worker and I signed an agreement when they sponsored me to work. The agreement states that i will work for 3 years. But i feel now that i wanted to leave. i worked there for 1 1/2 years now. In exchange for the sponsorship, I am now paying them back every payday. I read thru the agreement, it mentioned the total amount I need to pay and did not mention anything if i don't finish the 3 years. does that mean i can resign and just pay off the amount? thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Slavery was abolished in this country almost a century and a half ago. You can quit any time you like. As long as you're willing to pay the amount agreed to, there's no problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">