• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tuition Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scarletteddy

I signed an agreement that if I left my employment within 3 years of receiving my degree or within three years of my last class that I would reimburse the company for my tution. The problem is that I was told that there was no future growth for me in the company therefore I felt I was wasting my time so I quit. The agreement only said I would pay it back, and that they would hold all pay and apply it towards the outstanding balance. The company is demanding payment or payment arrangments in a resonable amount of time or they will turn it over to a collections agency. Can this be done or do I have recourse?

B

buddy2bear

"I signed an agreement that if I left my employment within 3 years of receiving my degree or within three years of my last class that I would reimburse the company for my tution."

You agreed to this and signed that agreement. A contract is a contract, unless it violates federal or state law. Case in point, don't you think that those who attend, say West Point, promised that in exchange for their education, they will serve x number of years in the military? You think Uncle Sam would let them just quit?

I suggest you contact the company and set up some kind of repayment plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">