• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two jobs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oliiva

What is the name of your state? va

If I am still officially on the payroll of one empoyer, can I start another full time job for another employer? Any legal limitations?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As far as the law is concerned, there's no problem. Plenty of people work two or even three jobs. I've done it myself. Nothing in the law says you can't work for more than one employer at the same time.

Now, if one or the other employers has a no-moonlighting agreement, or if your second job is with the major business competitor of your initial employer, then one or the other of your employers might have some problems with it, and unless you have a contract that specifies your right to work more than one job you can probably be legally fired from one of them. (I'm not saying that WILL happen - most employers don't care what you do in your off hours as long as it doesn't affect how you work for them.) But you are not violating any laws by working for two employers at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">