• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Week Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deanna1974

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I recently submitted a two week notice for a company I worked for in Colorado. I was the only employee he hired and I worked at home as a property manager. When I turned in the notice, I turned in all equipment and the agreement was that I was to be available for questions while he hired a replacement. I told him I would do whatever was needed during that time. He thanked me for giving a two week notice & giving him time to sort it out.
He only owes me for the last week of work (being available). I stayed in town and available for whatever he might need. He seems to think he does not owe me anything for that last week.

Does he?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Almost certainly not.

Unless by "staying available" you were completely unreasonably restricted (had to be by the phone at all times; could not leave the house, etc.) which is highly unlikely in this day of cell phones and pagers, this would fall under the same category as "on call" pay. If you don't get called in, you don't get paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">