• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx "AT WILL STATE?"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bob_wtb

Tx, is texas an "AT WILL" employment state? i was terminated last week for no obvious reason except for my manager apparently has a personal vendetta with me. what do i do? arbitrate?

mlane58

Tx, is texas an "AT WILL" employment state? i was terminated last week for no obvious reason except for my manager apparently has a personal vendetta with me. what do i do? arbitrate?
Texas is at-will. Arbitrate for what? Do you belong to a union?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only state that is not at least nominally at-will is Montana, and even Montana recognizes the at-will doctrine in some circumstances.

It is not illegal for an employer to fire you because he has personal issues with you unless those issues involve a characteristic protected by law.

Beth3

what do i do? File for unemployment benefits and start looking for a new job.

arbitrate? There's no one to arbitrate with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">