• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UE granted me benefits employer appealed it whats the chance i win

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattytx

Jeremy, how the heck are we supposed to know? We don't read minds. You didn't give us any details of your termination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And even if we gave you an answer, all that would be is a guess. The only answer that counts is the one from the UC adjudicator.

jeremybaro

I was fired because i caught employer owner changing my hours and i approached her about it and told me to get my toolbox out i am fired she never even gave me my last check till after 2-4 months.

cbg said:
And even if we gave you an answer, all that would be is a guess. The only answer that counts is the one from the UC adjudicator.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Any answer we gave you would STILL be a guess. The only answer that counts is STILL the one from the UC adjudicator.

For the record, changing your hours is not necessarily illegal. It depends on whether they were being changed to more, or less, accurately reflect the time you actually worked. Meaning that if you worked straight through from 8:00 to 5:00 without a break, and your supervisor changed your card to say that you took an hour lunch, that is illegal. But if you signed in at 7:30 and then spent half an hour hanging up your coat, getting coffee, chatting with your co-workers, checking your personal e-mail and so on, and then started working at 8:00, it is perfectly legal for your supervisor to change your card to reflect an 8:00 start time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">