• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unable to hire me - breach of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miedwife2001

What is the name of your state? Tennessee. The state the contracting agency is in is Florida.

I have a one-page "contract for services" from a medical staffing agency. The contract states:

1. assignment term is from Sep 1, 2003 (pending licensure) to Feb 20, 2004. Facility name...

2. agency agrees to pay me, $24/hr for time worked...

Other things that are probably not important. Nothing about liability insurance or pending liability insurance.

When I spoke to them on the phone around Aug 5, they assured me there would not be a problem with obtaining the liability insurance that is necessary for me to practice. Since I got the contract (August 5, 2003) the contracting agency was unable to get the liability insurance at the rate they expected.

The agency is trying different ways to get this insurance, but it is much more expensive than they anticipated (they actually CAN get it, but it is much more expensive than expected). They are proposing that I take the same job with a substantial pay cut.

I am still trying to work with them (without the pay cut), but am wondering if I have a case for breach of contract? That will be a last resort.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">