• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Profit1988

I am employed in Tennessee. For the past several weeks there have been unexpected problems with my paycheck, resulting in lower pay. As a result of that my bank has charged me several insufficient funds fees at $20 per check, now 9 checks. My employer refguses to pay these fees, saying "they don't do this." They made the mistakes, two different kinds. Is there a way to be reimbursed for this? Certainly seems they are responsible.

Thanks for the advice.

Elaine Spaulding

B

buddy2bear

It would be nice if they did, however, they are not responsible for your "counting your chickens before they hatched." Never "spend" the money before you get it.

P

Profit1988

Counting chickens

Dear Buddy2bear,

Thank you for your response. I have direct deposit, and I did wait to mail my checks until the time of deposit. Seems reasonable (to me) not to have to check every deposit and delay payment to others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">