• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annasheree

What is the name of your state? Indiana Last August I left my job, due to a severe medical problem. I was denied unemployment and did not appeal because I felt so horrible. A month later I has a hysterectomy, which cured the problem. The company said I walked out, so they don't have to pay unemployment. Can I file for unemployment again? I have heard that after so may weeks they have to give it to you. Is this correct? I am still searching for a job. What should my course of action be? Should I apply again? Thank you...

Beth3

Can I file for unemployment again? Anyone can file for unemployment.

I have heard that after so may weeks they have to give it to you. Is this correct? No, this is not correct although I don't know why so many people think this is the case.

(a) An individual who is not physically capable of working is NOT eligible for unemployment benefits. (b) Now that you are once again available for work, you may be eligible for benefits however the decision now depends upon the circumstances surrounding the termination of your employment. If you did indeed walk off the job without notice that's misconduct and disqualifies you. If you quit, that also disqualifies you. You have nothing to lose by again applying and see what the State rules however. All the facts of your situation aren't posted here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">