• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deniseyweesy

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My mom was fired from her job for some really crazy reason that I won't go into here. Anyhow, she was just denied for unemployment because she was discharged and has to appeal. But here's the thing. Her boss (the owner) has sent her not only one, but two letters stating that my mom voluntarily quit. How can she tell unemployment that she fired my mom, yet send two letters saying my mom quit and win in court? Does anyone have any advice about what my mom should bring with her to the appeal hearing? Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How can she tell unemployment that she fired my mom, yet send two letters saying my mom quit and win in court?

If she comes across as more believable than your mom, she's going to win. That's the unfortunate fact of unemployment.

Does anyone have any advice about what my mom should bring with her to the appeal hearing?

Any documentation she may have that will support her statement that she was fired, rather than quitting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">