• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScionicLoyalist

What is the name of your state? Philadelphia, PA

If I was fired for sleeping on my break, what does the company have to prove to stop me from getting unemployment in philadelphia?

thanks in advance for your help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I very much doubt that there's a specific law that says, If you were sleeping on the job/on your break, you will/won't get unemployment. There isn't a list of potential offenses with a yes/no after each of them.

It's going to be whether you can convince the adjudicator that sleeping on the job/your break does not constitute misconduct, or whether your employer can convince the adjudicator than it does.

ScionicLoyalist

thanks cbg

1. Does it matter weather or not I dosed off on purpose?

2. Will the fact that I left the door open and lights on make a difference?

3. Does the fact that I am used to working the 9pm-6am shift (the shift i worked the day before) and I fell asleep on the 6am-4pm shift make a deifference?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Any of the above may or may not make a difference.

You're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">