• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment 3rd round appeal for Administrative Review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yjglab

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? ILLINOIS

I need help on what forms need to be filled out. The Board of Review sent me a notice that to appeal their decision I need to: file a complaint for administrative review and have summons issued in circuit court within 35 days. I was given a form called "Summons in Administrative Review" to fill out but there must be something else I need to send in to have them review my case again.

I was approved by my local unemployment office,
my employer appealed and won,
then I appeal and I lost again.
The BOR responded that I didnt give my employer the opportunity to address or deal with her problem and her actions, but in fact I did. I quit in early March, returned back to work a few days later after discussing all the issues at the workplace and quit the final time the end of April. So how did I not give my employer the opportunity to stop belittling, degrading, insulting, etc. me? Any help would be appreciated.

Most of all I need help quickly to send in my appeal for the Courts to go over my case.

Thank you,
Yvonne

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't help you with the forms - they're different in every state and I've never had employees in Illinois. SuzieWahoosie is from Illinois - perhaps she'll be able to assist you.

But I can tell you that in EVERY state, the VERY large majority of employees who quit are NOT eligible for benefits. Unless your employer's behavior reached the level of ILLEGAL harassment (and depending on your state, not always then) if you quit, you do not get benefits, period.

You're fighting an uphill battle.

yjglab

why did they approve me in the local office then?

The local unemployment office stated I had reason to quit. I had another doctor in the same office suite back me up with a letter and the secretary there also was going to write a letter stating what she heard and saw too.

Thank you for your help !

Yvonne

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Be patient. It's WAY after office hours. Suzie will be along sooner or later, but more likely between 8-5. Not all of us do this outside of work hours.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since it appears that Suzie is not around this week, you might do better by calling the UC office and asking for help.

I'm Here!

As stated, you are fighting a BIG uphill battle. I don't care what your local office determined, the determination of the ALJs who presided over the appeals process are going to hold more weight than anyone at the local office will. However, the form they sent you is the correct form to file your appeal with the BOR. Mind you, the BOR is like the Supreme Court - they don't have to "hear" a case if they don't want to.

You definitely need to complete the form they gave you, and send them a copy via certified mail. Just to be on the safe side, you should probably also send a copy to your former employer. It is a courtesy.

You can send along any further documentation you wish to send (I wopuldn't send the attached documentation to your former ER, however). Sending along anything already submitted to the UI office/ALJ probably isn't a bad idea, either, although they should already have this material.

I am telling you, though, it is going to be nearly impossible to win this case. Unless it is found to be a case of ILLEGAL harassment, and not just a boss who's a jerk, you're likely to lose. These wheels can spin for a long long long long long long time.

You can file the appeal with the BOR, but you're probably better off directing your energy toward finding another job. Which, by the way, if you haven't been actively doing, can also be grounds for disqualification from benefits in Illinois.

In IL, you must be "able" to work and actively seeking work. From your posts, it appears this created some medical issue for you. That, too, may be a source of disqualification if it appears you are too "sick" to look for or obtain work.

Instead of having doctors testify to how "sick" you are, you need to get them to show that you are well - at least well enough to look for and obtain employment. And then you'd better be able to prove that while you were well, you did actively look for employment.

Sometimes claiming your ER made things so "unbearable" you became sick backfires on you!

Good luck! Please keep me posted!

yjglab

unemployment - court case - complaint for administrative review

Suzie:

i need your help !

Are you available to talk??

Yvonne

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">