• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rolling

From Texas-I had my 2nd level of telephone appeal hearing with Texas Workforce Commission today. I was sworn in, if the appeal officer a judge or deputy of the court. How can this testimony be under oath?
I did not have a lawyer represent me however I had 1 witness & 5 signed affidavt's. Should this go to the 3rd level of appeal would you suggest representation for me??
My ex-employer can tell lies much better than I can tell the truth. I was totally shocked to here what came out of their mouth.
I know in my heart I was honest and I am afraid since they are better at lying, they could or would confuse me.
Confused in Texas

An employment attorney would be your best bet. Takes you out of the stress it's causing you, and the attorney will know how to handle the lies. I hate it when it goes so far, the process should be easy enough for an individual to appear alone, but if the employer is content with false statements.............sorry couldn't suggest other alternative

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">