• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdowney80

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I was fired from my job for missing to many days. In our employee handbook it states that on the 4th absence you receive a verbal warning, 5th written, 6th suspension for 3 days and 7th termination. I may have missed more than the allowed days because im not really sure but I was only givin one verbal warning then about two weeks later i was fired with no other warnings. I know Kentucky is an at-will state so I don't have a case in court and my unemployment was denied but if I appeal the unemployment on the basis that I wasn't givin the warnings I was suppose to do you think I will win?

pattytx

I wouldn't be optimistic. Despite the fact that you did not get the warnings as detailed in the employee handbook, you obviously knew about them, as you can quote to us here the progressive discipline steps. You can file, it doesn't cost you anything but a little time, but, if I were the employer, I would protest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">