• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgraham

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was granted unemployment for my dismissal from a job because misconduct was not cited as reason for dismissal. My exemployer waited 30 days knowing I was drawing employment before appealing their decision. They need to prove willful neglect on my behalf (I was discharged for making errors). They must prove I was deliberately not doing what was asked of me in my job. Incidentally, they waited up to the last minute to reschedule my telephone hearing because they now want a face to face hearing. There is no documented reprimands in my file that my job performance was detrimental to their company. Any advice?

Beth3

When you receive notice of the hearing, go. There won't be much for you to do. The burden of proof is on the employer to demonstrate that you purposefully failed to do your job properly. That's usually a pretty tall order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">