• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment appeal.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worshiper

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Long story short. Made a mistake, got fired. Applied for unemployment insurance, DENIED. Appealed. Went to the ALJ hearing. Previous employer did not show up due to horrendous fog. They called 90 minutes before the hearing time and requested a continuance. The judge (crotchety old man) had driven 70 miles in the fog, and therefore irritated that they couldn't make it, and he did. Denied them their continuence. Ultimately the decision was reversed in MY favor! YEAH! .....OR NOT, can they appeal this to the next level. My understanding is you can only appeal the ALJ decision if there is new evidence? Anyway, I am scared to even spend the money. I need the money to make my house payment, but I can't repay this later, if they appeal and win......

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
worshiper

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can appeal. Just as you'd be able to appeal if the decision went against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">