• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawyerlessgurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I just spent forever typing only to lose it all. I need help. I'm in the process of an appeal with the unemployment review commission because i filed for benefits and my employer appealed. they found in my favor but after the hearing my employer changed their argument (first they said I quit voluntarily, then that I was terminated for insubordination) and the commission reversed. So I appealed to common please court but don't have a lawyer. i tried legal aid society but they have a full caseload and never got back to me. so I wrote my own brief. i received theirs today and now I have to submit my reply by 9/15. I don't know what to do. Is there anyone who can help me? the case info is just so much work to type, but I can elaborate tomorrow. basically i need to know what to say in a reply brief. the entire case was my ex-employer's word against mine because i didn't' document anything. they also said i committed multiple offenses but never wrote me up once. in my brief i pointed out their progressive discipline system and that they never wrote me up, they didn't respond to this, just reiterated that i was terminated for insubordination. I feel depressed and hopeless, but i still want to try. is there anyone who does this for a hobby and wiling to help me? or can you direct me to someone? I need to get to sleep, but this has me feeling sick. I make 9/hr and if i lose and they take money from my tiny paycheck i won't be able to pay for school. i know life is unfair, but i just need someone to help because I don't know much about law and this feels overwhelming. if there is anyone familiar with ohio unemployment law who has time to hear the whole story, we can skype or talk on the phone or email. thanks in advance, sorry this was long.

pattytx

Nobody here is going to take the place of your attorney (if you even need one) and nobody here is going to contact an unknown person offline.

swalsh411

What was your alleged misconduct and what evidence does your employer have to show that you committed it? There are some types of misconduct that are so egregious that it automatically disqualifies somebody from benefits even if they have never been warned about it before.

Hot Topic

Contact the local bar association to see if they list any attorneys that would look at your case pro bono (free) or charge a small fee.

I note how careful you are to avoid telling us what they considered to be "insubordination."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">