• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Appeal with Temp Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCramer

I claimed unemployment in Florida from May 04 through October 04.
During my 5+ months of unemployment, I signed up with several temp agencies, and took 2 temporary positions, whose wages I duly claimed, resulting in a reduction in my unemployment benefits.
Now, the temp agency is disputing my claim, because they say that I did not call them to confirm when I completed the work at the company they sent me to. Basically, I didn't keep notes during this time, because I didn't think this would be an issue. So, although I'm not certain, it is possible that I did not call them at the end of the two weeks of work they gave me.
I was offered another temporary part-time position with another company which started a week after this job was completed, and this job continued until I found permanent employment.
What is the best way to manage my appeal? Should I use the fact that the second company offered me a part time position? Or should I claim that I did register, even if I'm not sure?
I'm a bit cranky about this whole experience, because I only took these temp jobs to reduce the unemployment benefits I required. If I knew it was going to put my unemployment at jeapardy, I wouldn't have done this. Also, I am a professional, whose salary is significantly above what a temp would earn. I never considered these as full-time jobs. Can I use this in my defence?
Thanks for any guidance you can provide. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">