• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment appeals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fromilda

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

I have lost my unemployment compensation initial appeal and the subsequent board appeal. My company asserted that I quit. I said did not. I made efforts to communicate with my employer through my union. However, if I appeal these determinations to the State Court, which I believe is the final appeal, will my documentation and evidence be accepted, or will the court simply review the original testimony?

thank you.

Beth3

Each State's UC process varies a bit but if your State is like mine, then if you appeal it past than the Appeals Tribunal Board, then it goes to trial. You certainly should contact your local UC office and inquire about this next step and what's involved.

I made efforts to communicate with my employer through my union. Communicate what? And why didn't you speak directly with your employer about whatever you're referring to? Your union is not your employer - they're not issuing your paycheck. I'm guessing this is the key issue in whether or not you're eligible for unemployment benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">