• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefit after accepting job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazzulzy

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was offered, and accepted a job, but my start date isn't for 2 weeks. Can I continue to file my weekly UI claims and be paid for these 2 weeks?

Many thanx!
~J

Beth3

Sure. Just be sure and tell the UC office when you start your new job. You don't want to end up being accused of unemployent fraud. :)

jazzulzy

Beth,

Thanx for your reply. I do have 2 more questions. Do I need to continue going through the motions of my minimum job search requirements? Also, since my start date falls on the first day of a new claim period. Do I have to contact them, or can I just cease filing my bi-weekly claims once I start?

Many thanx!
~J

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Both questions depend on the rules of your state. You really need to ask them how to handle it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">