• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazmann

What is the name of your state? Washington.
My wife worked overseas for a company based in Virginia. I still work overseas for a different company. About 9 months ago she left the company to take care of the new home that we purchased in Washington. She applied for unemployment with the state of Virginia, where the company she worked for is based. She was originally denied. Upon re-application, she was told that she would get 368.00 per week. They would send her an info packet. They never sent it. She has attempted to contact them numerous times, Via phone(always busy), and e-mail, with no response. As 6 months has passed, is she still eligible to recieve benefits, and if she is would they pay her retro from the time that she applied? She is still out of work.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry, because I know you've tried to call and not succeeded in getting through, but the fact remains that only someone from the VA UC office can tell you if she is eligible or not and how they will pay her if she is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">