• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jesschan

What is the name of your state? KS

I am sorry if my case offends anyone. I entered the U.S. on a F-1 student visa. I got married to an American citizen in 2001. I had already gone out of status and working at a company without work autorization when I got married. Our son was born in 2002. I applied for the Green card in May of 2003. At the interview in October I received my Employment Authorization Card. I lost my job when the company downsized significantly in Feb 2004 and I became eligible for Trade Adjustment Act benefits.
Recently my unemplyoment benefits and my TAA benefits have been disqualified on grounds that I am not a citizen and that I didn't have authorization to work. I have already already appealed.
Now my question is what can I do win this appeal?

Beth3

Nothing. The issue is the time you were working in this country without authorization. There's no way to change history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">