• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allegoric

What is the name of your state? CA

Can you collect unemployment if drive for a living and you can't renew because of fines not paid back east? Another words I need a license to get to work and need a license once I get there.

CourtClerk

I would think this would fall along the lines of voluntary unemployment. You got fines that you (on your own will) failed to pay, thus causing your license to be suspended.

I live in California. Have all my life. There are very few places here where you need a license, and there are plenty of professions that don't require a driver license (walmart comes to mind). I don't think you'll be collecting unemployment benefits because you refuse to pay fines that stop you from getting a license.

You need another line of work until you can be more responsible.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are not able to work, actively looking for work, and available for work if offfered, you do not qualify for unemployment.

If you need a drivers license to work and your license has been suspended, then you are not able to work and are not available to work if offered. You therefore do not qualify for unemployment.

Might I suggest a bus schedule?

allegoric

Help and direct answers appeciated!!!!!!!!

Thank you for an ANSWER, so I know now I will have to move to a place where I might have a job and not count on the unemployment to re-group and stay here, that's all I was looking for. It's the waiting with no plans, no direct answers that frustrates me, I live in a city where plenty are collecting illegally and that frosts me to, I am not like that, I am bored, frustrated and CA is to expensive anyway, so thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">