• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbever

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

I have a friend who was recently fired from her job. She worked for the company for less then 10 months. Is she entitled to unemployment benefits?

Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We have no idea. We don't know why she was fired or whether or not she meets the financial requirements for collecting in her state. For that matter, we don't know what state she's in (we know what state YOU are in, but I have friends who live in different states than I do - you could too).

It takes a lot more than knowing how long she worked for the current employer to answer an eligibility question. But she is free to file and find out. There is no penalty for being wrong and it does not cost anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">