• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefits are being questioned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OMG stealth are you for real, now your gonna rat me out to ADmin because I sarcastically said I never planned on being a troll, I don't even know what a troll means in cyber world but I assumed it was someone who randomly posted stuff that others did not like and if that is true then this whole site is nothing but trolls. Now you reporting me to Admin will make you look like a bigger fool. I see pro has not come back to justify her reason as to why I should be ignored and You also did not dispute the information I posted so What Gives. You totally disregarded the fact that I was willing to start anew and have a rational conversation. I am still not convinced that my response to this OP was justified in being told to be disregarded and I hope Admin sees that before kicking me off as well.
You came back specifically to stalk Pro. You are a troll.

OP I responded to your post because I could relate to your situation and because I specifically dealt with this in the STate of NJ. UP until today I don't even think I ever made a response to a poster because I had nothing to share. IF anything I Am a lurker NOT a troll. I gave you a brief background of what I did and showed that I was at fault and that I still was able to collect unemployment after the disqualification period. I never said you would or wouldnt get it and Neither PRO or Stealth gave you or me any justification as to why you should disregard my posts. I went further to the ONE STOP CAreer center web page and cut and pasted the Q&A which explains the misconduct and disqualification period to further prove I was not blowing air out of my rear. Now I suggest until they provide a legitimate reason as to why you should disregard the information that I personally experienced and was able to find online in which you can go directly to the site and see for youself why I should be labeled a troll or ignored. I wish you luck and hope you do get it. I hope that the information I provided is beneficial to you. GL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP I responded to your post because I could relate to your situation and because I specifically dealt with this in the STate of NJ. UP until today I don't even think I ever made a response to a poster because I had nothing to share. IF anything I Am a lurker NOT a troll. I gave you a brief background of what I did and showed that I was at fault and that I still was able to collect unemployment after the disqualification period. I never said you would or wouldnt get it and Neither PRO or Stealth gave you or me any justification as to why you should disregard my posts. I went further to the ONE STOP CAreer center web page and cut and pasted the Q&A which explains the misconduct and disqualification period to further prove I was not blowing air out of my rear. Now I suggest until they provide a legitimate reason as to why you should disregard the information that I personally experienced and was able to find online in which you can go directly to the site and see for youself why I should be labeled a troll or ignored. I wish you luck and hope you do get it. I hope that the information I provided is beneficial to you. GL
OP... the reasons to ignore "conflict" is because "she" is a repeat visitor who has undertaken to stalk and disparage Pro because "she" didn't like the responses "she" received under a prior handle.

OP... the reasons to ignore "conflict" is because "she" is a repeat visitor who has undertaken to stalk and disparage Pro because "she" didn't like the responses "she" received under a prior handle.
Stealth you are mistaken if you look at the date and time stamp of my post to the OP and then look at the other posts of the Family Court ones, you will see that this one came first. I went to the other posts to see if she treated everyone that way and I was correct, she is just a hateful person who did not like the fact that I gave OP factual information about the unemployment process. Neither you nor her nor anyone else has yet to dispute any of the information that I provided to this OP. YOu have just made irrational comments about other things not related. OP if you click on PRO and Stealths name link you can view the posts that they respond to. Look how they treat members and then you decide for yourself. I don't care what the OP beleives my intentions were. I am not asking him to pick sides. I am asking for anyone to tell me why my information is wrong. That is all. Once that is given I will shut up.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Everything I say is true. That poster that said to disregard my post prob never stepped a foot IN NJ and added nothing to say to dispute MY CLAIM whatsoever. I am telling you that IN NJ the GREAT GARDEN state that you can collect unemployment if you were fired for misconduct after a 6 week disqualification period.
Cut and posted from the nj ONE STOP CAREER SITE IS THIS Q&A

What if I was discharged for misconduct?

If you were fired or discharged from your job because you did something not in the best interests of your employer (like breaking company rules or policy), you may be disqualified from collecting benefits. This kind of discharge is known as "misconduct." The disqualification would begin the week the firing or suspension occurs and continue for the next five weeks. After the disqualification period ends, you may be able to collect benefits.
Well... Given that this information is incorrect, the rest of your "help" is suspect. From a more definitive source (NJ's Department of Labor and Workforce Development):

f you were fired or discharged from your job because you did something that was not in the best interests of your employer, you may be disqualified from collecting benefits. This kind of discharge is known as "misconduct." There are three types of misconduct: simple, severe and gross. A simple misconduct disqualification (i.e. insubordination, lateness or absences with no written warnings from your employer) would begin with the week the firing or suspension occurred, and continues for the next seven (7) weeks. After the disqualification period ends, you may be eligible to collect benefits.
Additionally, a significant piece of information was not included in your post. To whit:

If you are discharged for severe misconduct, you are disqualified for benefits indefinitely until you work in new employment four (4) weeks and earn six (6) times your weekly benefit amount and become separated through no fault of your own. Examples of severe misconduct are: use of drugs/alcohol on the job, repeated violations of a company rule, repeated lateness or absences after receiving a written warning from your employer, destruction/theft of company property or misuse of benefits.
I don't know if you deliberately left it out, or if your source did. But it could be significant to OP's situation.

noW give me a reason as to why the OP should disregard my post Senior Member, Proper PeenA
The above is simply rude. Pro did not call you any names.

Now you can go away.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Stealth you are mistaken if you look at the date and time stamp of my post to the OP and then look at the other posts of the Family Court ones, you will see that this one came first. I went to the other posts to see if she treated everyone that way and I was correct, she is just a hateful person who did not like the fact that I gave OP factual information about the unemployment process. Neither you nor her nor anyone else has yet to dispute any of the information that I provided to this OP. YOu have just made irrational comments about other things not related. OP if you click on PRO and Stealths name link you can view the posts that they respond to. Look how they treat members and then you decide for yourself. I don't care what the OP beleives my intentions were. I am not asking him to pick sides. I am asking for anyone to tell me why my information is wrong. That is all. Once that is given I will shut up.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
BTW, OP... You may note that conflict indicated in one of "her" posts (it is quoted in one of mine) that "she" is female. Yet, in another thread, "she" seems to indicate that "she" is not:

I have a gf who was in a long distance relationship dating this guy who lived in a different state and he got his computers and phones and other stuff taken in a bust but was not arrested. She is concerned because in a few of the conversations she sent him photos of herself and said she was going to smoke a bowl and discussed other personal information.
If "she" can't tell the truth about such minor issues, would you really want to trust "her" replies on something important to you? I wouldn't.

Great this this what its all about

This is the discussion that should taken place hours ago.

I thank you for your efforts to dig deeper and for proving that my information was correct as I have been trying to say for the past few hours.

If I recall OP's original post he said he got unemployment, then the employer perhaps contested it (the new employer not the old) claiming he was fired for misconduct. my response to the poster was to inform him that even if the employer wins the misconduct part that as long as it is not considered "gross" or severe misconduct that after the 6 week disqualification period he is then eligible for unemployment. (like in my case, the DOL did not feel that my action rose to the level of gross misconduct and I was able collect) The point i was trying to make was that YES you can be dismissed for misconduct and still receive unemployment after the 6 weeks.

Now. I went to the one STOP career center which is a part of the NJ DOL that confirms that information. That information is not incorrect as you stated, the only thing that is in dispute is the 6 week vs. the 7 week disqualification period.

You went to the DOL website and quoted:

YOU said: Well... Given that this information is incorrect, the rest of your "help" is suspect. From a more definitive source (NJ's Department of Labor and Workforce Development):

Quote:
f you were fired or discharged from your job because you did something that was not in the best interests of your employer, you may be disqualified from collecting benefits. This kind of discharge is known as "misconduct." There are three types of misconduct: simple, severe and gross. A simple misconduct disqualification (i.e. insubordination, lateness or absences with no written warnings from your employer) would begin with the week the firing or suspension occurred, and continues for the next seven (7) weeks. After the disqualification period ends, you may be eligible to collect benefits.

That statement right there confirms that "after the disqualification period ends you may be eligible to collect. That is what the essence of my post to OP said. I did mention that severe or gross misconduct may bar him permanently.

I did not however mention about how he was would continue to be disqualified for benefits indefinitely until he worked in new employment four (4) weeks and earned six (6) times his weekly benefit amount and become separated through no fault of his own. because we did not get that far in the conversation. Had he replied later and updated his case I would have looked that up as my research on that was vague because I did not have to go that far. Instead of proving me wrong you proved me right. The only thing that conflicts with my posting is the disqualification time period of 6 weeks vs. 7 weeks. And that is a department/website conflict. In my personal experience it was in fact 6 weeks. Perhaps they changed the law since my case was back in 2006 and did not update the entire site. The essence is still there.

I suspect that PRO was perhaps offended by the fact that I collected unemployment because she maybe felt that I did not deserve it because I willingly and knowingly violated a workplace policy and chose to resign instead of facing departmental charges and received a lump sum payment. What other reason did she have to dismiss my entire post without correcting me? I viewed that as rude.

So OP I hope you now have all the information needed to pursue your UE claim and will fight the good fight. I do not know why Stealth is smiling because he basically just proved I was right along.

BTW, OP... You may note that conflict indicated in one of "her" posts (it is quoted in one of mine) that "she" is female. Yet, in another thread, "she" seems to indicate that "she" is not:

If "she" can't tell the truth about such minor issues, would you really want to trust "her" replies on something important to you? I wouldn't.

Stealth are you really that out of of touch I said I have a girlfriend who is in a long distance relationship with a GUY. that post was for MY girl friend. I am in my 30's and I refer to all my Girl Friends as girlfriends. You really are making yourself look less and less intelligent. I worked for an old attorney when I was back in NJ and once he hit 60 he started losing it too.

I think you should lay down now and take a nap

Stealth are you really that out of of touch I said I have a girlfriend who is in a long distance relationship with a GUY. that post was for MY girl friend. I am in my 30's and I refer to all my Girl Friends as girlfriends. You really are making yourself look less and less intelligent. I worked for an old attorney when I was back in NJ and once he hit 60 he started losing it too.

I think you should lay down now and take a nap

You are a fool. Very simply. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I thank you for your efforts to dig deeper and for proving that my information was correct as I have been trying to say for the past few hours.
I disagree.

What other reason did she have to dismiss my entire post without correcting me? I viewed that as rude.
You remain a troll. That was/is reason enough.

I do not know why Stealth is smiling because he basically just proved I was right along.
LOL You get so much wrong, it's laughable.

Ok to be fair can you point out what was right and what was wrong? Your circumventing the real issues here stealth just admit it.

Not my problem if you have poor reading comprehension.

No, You did not read what I wrote, you just skimmed my post to the OP.

If you were to read it I said

If you are fired for misconduct you can still get unemployment after a 6 (7 according to your site) week disqualification period(I think penalty is a better word because disquaification tends to make people think ineligible but those are the terms DOL uses)

I also went on to say that gross or severe misconduct would bar you entirely,

you then added the fact about if you are denied for Gross or Severe misconduct you are not eligible again for X amount of weeks at new job + something to do with pay.

Now I know you will correct me if im wrong here but If in fact OP is denied for UE because employer proves his misconduct is Severe then the fact about him being eligible again only matters if he gets a new job. If he does not get a new job and meet the requirements then that portion is irrelevant at this time and would most likely been disclosed through a letter, so i did nothing to mislead the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">