• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was terminated 3/30/11 I submitted my unemployment claim the same day and it says OPEN. Does that mean that they have not approved or denied it?

I have been applying for work but no luck.

pattytx

It means that there is no decision yet. Even a clean claim these days takes a good 2-4 weeks, so I wouldn't expect anything yet.

commentator

Be sure you make your certification as instructed for each week that passes. Keep looking for work and keep records of where you apply in case it comes up ever. But even under the best of circumstances it takes three to five weeks to get an unemployment claim going. It will eventually pay you for the weeks you have certified for, if you are approved, but it does take a long time.

You should soon be receiving a notice that you are either approved in the initial decision or denied in the initial decision. Either way, expect to have an appeal, either you will be making it, or the employer will be making it.

You can do this! Hang in there!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Chika, I remember your previous thread and I will be very surprised indeed if you are not approved. Chin up!

Thank You

I did receive a letter telling me how much they would allow me to get and I have been submitting all forms indicating that I am looking for work. I normally apply for work online.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">