• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Compensation Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tkmarshel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently terminated. My employeer said that I was terminated for misconduct, failure to meet employers expectation, ect.
When I was hired, I requested a job description, procedure manual, and discuss the routine with my medical director.
I even prepared my own job description for them to review and sign off on, and never received it back.
Since I never received this information form my employer, would this information be pertinent in the Unemployment Compensation Hearing, since my former employer is trying to fight the payments that was awarded to me?
Its not much money...$243 and I am already working again...thanks

HomeGuru

tkmarshel said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently terminated. My employeer said that I was terminated for misconduct, failure to meet employers expectation, ect.
When I was hired, I requested a job description, procedure manual, and discuss the routine with my medical director.
I even prepared my own job description for them to review and sign off on, and never received it back.
Since I never received this information form my employer, would this information be pertinent in the Unemployment Compensation Hearing, since my former employer is trying to fight the payments that was awarded to me?
Its not much money...$243 and I am already working again...thanks

**A: drop it and move on. There is no labor or employment law that requires an employer to review and sign off an employee written job description. Now if your fight is on principal rather than money, could you take time off from your new job to fight a measley $243?

Beth3

Since I never received this information form my employer, would this information be pertinent in the Unemployment Compensation Hearing, since my former employer is trying to fight the payments that was awarded to me? Are you going to try to make the argument that you had no idea what your job involved and how to perform your job duties in the absence of a job description? I sure doubt that's going to fly. As HG stated, job descriptions aren't required. Besides, preparing your own job description clearly demonstrates you were quite familiar with your job duties.

If you were fired because you just did a lousy job (in the employer's opinion) that won't disqualify you for UC benefits. If you were fired because you engaged in some sort of willful misconduct, that's another matter entirely. The burden of proof is on the employer to prove that's the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">