• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AntoineC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI
I was working two jobs, this became impossible so I quit the lower paying one, later I was laid off from the second, as a result of quitting the first my claim was denied, has anyone had or heard of this happening? I am appealing, but worried as my claim was denied once already.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI
I was working two jobs, this became impossible so I quit the lower paying one, later I was laid off from the second, as a result of quitting the first my claim was denied, has anyone had or heard of this happening? I am appealing, but worried as my claim was denied once already.
**A: yes, I have heard of this happening too. I even heard of someone working 2 jobs and quitting the higher paying job and getitng laid off from the lower paying job. Maybe you can apply for the lower paying job again and if hired it would be your higher paying job.

AntoineC

Thanks

Tried to reapply at the lower paying one, no luck. Now I am without any paying job. I feel like the dog in the fable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">