• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment denied by state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zipscorp

What is the name of your state? ny
Being denied unemployment due to non-dissolved corporation

Z

zipscorp

the state of ny refuses to pay my unemployment because i have not dissolved my little corporation, which has had no income for over 5 months, and i was laid off at my job because of lack of work, they also refuse any back pay on the unemployment and it is going tocost me over one thousand dollars to close the corporation

Z

zipscorp

The question is:
Can I recieve my unemployment backpay after showing the state all valid tax records, or is there no basis for a claim on the 8 weeks they have already kept me from claiming?( the corp. lost over 16, 000)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You should be asking this question of the NY UC Division. Every state is different, and every UC question is intensely fact-specific. One size does not fit all. I don't believe any of the regulars here are experts at NY unemployment regs.

Z

zipscorp

Sadly, they gave me the same runaround you are giving me,, any other resources available by cas law besides "city hall"?
because they are not going to help me beat them

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not giving you a round around. It's simply not possible to give you a definite answer in this type of forum.

HomeGuru

zipscorp said:
Sadly, they gave me the same runaround you are giving me,, any other resources available by cas law besides "city hall"?
because they are not going to help me beat them
**A: you idiot.

Z

zipscorp

I was asking the previous person if they knew of any other resources available concerning case law in the state of New York, and did not appreciate being called an idiot.
An idiot would not be trying to solve a problem.
You, sir, are an idiot for venting your ignorance towards me,
and if there is anyone in this forum whom can suggest another resource for this specific issue which I am asking about I would sincerely appreciate it, and please, no more insults, I really am trying to get some help on this matter, that's all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
zip, I am not kidding you. The ONLY source that can tell you absolutely definitely yes or no is the UC office itself. No one else, not even an attorney, can give you anything more than a guess that may or may not be an educated guess.

The UC office is not in the habit of telling people that they can't get benefits when they can. It's far more likely, and far more common for benefits to be granted automatically, unless the employer contests. If they are telling you no, then the law in your state says no in your particular situation. They aren't going to tell you no if there's a chance that it's yes. In every state I've ever dealt with (granted, I have no direct experience in NY) the benefit of the doubt goes to the employee.

Z

zipscorp

cbg,
I appreciate your input , at least it gives me an idea what I am up against, and since there is no employer dispute, I might as well go to court on my own, as a lawyer will only cost me more money
Thank you
zipscorp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">