• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment and Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyanime

I live in Georgia, which I know is a work-at-will state. Recently, I was "laid-off" by my employer. They use an outsourcing firm to handle payroll and insurance and said it was their responsibility to give me the paperwork to take to the unemployment office. After not getting the paperwork, I called and threatened to get a lawyer involved. The outsourcing firm advised me that it was my employer's responsibility to give me the unemployment forms. Since it has been a month, I was wondering if I had any case for unemployment issues.

Also, as I was being laid off, I was told that it was a matter of seniority. I have been with the company for three years and know for a fact that there were people who have not worked as long as myself. I suspect that it may be the fact that I recently came out to my bosses and supervisors that I was a pagan. I am the only pagan in the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">