• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment eligibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynnybug55

What is the name of your state?
south carolina

i was terminated monday from my lending job at a bank after being sent home thursday pending investigation of a policy violation. I was not aware of the policy and it was determined in the investigation that it was not an intentional violation. However, some past poor job performance in addition to this violation was cited as the reason for termination. I was "allowed" to resign with a severance package. Am I eligible for any kind of unemployment benefits?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That will be entirely up to the state of South Carolina's unemployment board. By all means file a claim; the worst that can happen is that you're turned down.

P.S. In the large majority of states, poor performance is not a disqualification for benefits. Also, since it was determined to be not an intentional violation, there's a good likelihood that you will qualify - at least you would in my state. But every state is different, and only your state's UC board can say for absolutely certain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">