• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

novestar

What is the name of your state? michigan

First off let me state that I am a Canadian citizen under TN status.
I was employed at a business in Michigan from 4/99 to 3/01.
The company went out of business and I was able to collect unemployment. At the time, my industry was in a slump and there were many in my situation which caused finding a job that much more difficult. I did finally find a job about 7 months after my unemployment had ended.

I know that a long period of time has passed but it recently was brought to my attention that there is a possibility to file a complaint of some sort (probably not entitled to that money). I was told that I should have received a notice 2-3 weeks before my benefits would have ended but I actually received it about 8 months after! I did not pursue anything with it at the time because I had finally gotten a job and I thought that there was little to nothing I could do about it anyway.

Is there anything I can do to pursue these lost funds that I should have gotten (instead of having to use my retirement funds) while I was out of work. Or is it a lost cause?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Beth3

I have no idea and I would be surprised if anyone else here can answer that question for you but you have nothing to lose by contacting your local UC office and attempting to make a claim for the additional benefits. The worst that can happen is that they deny it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">