• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lkbamm71

I live in Massachusetts and was recently terminated from my job at a car dealership. The reason given to me at the time of my termination was that the owner of the business was "tired of me not getting along with people." The only person I didn't "get along" with was terminated the day before I was on my recommendation and there were no verbal or written reprimands about "not gettng along with people" in my personnel folder.

The actual reason I feel I was fired was because I apparently got "mystery shopped" while the Dealer Principle was at a regional dealers meeting. Hearing his voice in the background, I said to the caller, "say hi to [Dealer Principle] for me." Evidentially, this rubbed the owner wrong way and I was terminated before the end of the day. Now my ex-employer is contesting my unemployment claim.

What recourse do I have, (if any), and what can I do to prepare for the upcoming hearing?

Last edited:

ecmst12

Neither possible reason for your termination is remotely illegal or prohibited. File for unemployment and look for a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">