• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ema607

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My husband worked for a family owned business that was a difficult work environment. The owners wife kept security cameras on him as well as others, listened to conversations and would come from her office and yell at him in front of customers and co workers on a daily basis. On more than one occasion he left the job to get away from her . He would take the rest of the day off or leave for a time so he would cool down. Maintaining professionalism at all times. The owners had no problems with this. ( it happened 2 times in 2 years)
On his last day of work another incident occurred with the owner and my husband left , the owner followed him to the parking lot screaming "Are you leaving? Are you leaving? my husband did not reply. He then screamed if you leave dont come back.
Keeping the situation under control because of the heated tempers my husband left. As per the owner telling him not to return he turned in his uniforms and keys.
My husband has been told that he quit , he views the situation he was fired. The owner brags publically to his employees that no one will ever collect unemployment benefits from him and if they apply for the benefits he will make sure they never work locally again. My husband has started a new job and is going to pursue the trial for the unemployment benefits for the 12 weeks he didn't work. His hearing is coming up. Any opinion would be welcomed.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">