• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lwalker

I worked at a pest company for 1 month, I realized the job was to physical for me and I gave a 2 week notice. The employer told me to go ahead and just finish out the day and leave. I though I was doing the right thing by giving a notice according to their work contract but since he told me to leave I was not entitled to any commisions on work completed. My question is can I draw any unemployment? I couldn't do the job, and have put in many resumes for work. I have been off for a month now and bills are piling up and no income.... I am a 47 year old female and have worked all my life....

L

lawcurious

I believe that you cannot collect unemployment unless you are laid off, or terminated from a position. By leaving the job, you forfeit your unemployment benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">