• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemplyement Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RedneckHunter

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

My GF was recently fired from Home Smeavpo for a short till. She has only ever been a dollar or 2 short once or twice in the 4 years she was there. Here recently they said she was short an "undetermined amount". The place has cameras over each register and it was agreed by loss prevention that she did not "aquire" the missing amount. It took them almost 2 weeks to come up with this.

Now she is trying to file UI. The guy on the phone asked her specifically "did you steal the money?"

Can they ask this of her?

RedneckHunter

That's basically what she said.

Now the asshat Manager (whom already said he would NOT disputer her unemployement claim infront of witnesses) is now disputing it and my GF was denied because the managaer stated she broke company policy for "misconduct". Home Depots company policy on a short till (why she was fired) is if there was misconduct then the store would call the police and a ticket for THEFT would be issued. Well my GF received no such ticket as Loss prevention saw NOTHING suspicious etc.

This is affecting me as I cannot pay all our bills on my Salary (we live together).

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If she has had unemployment benefits denied she is free to file an appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">