• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unempoyment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anotherstepmom

im from georgia, on my separation notice from my job , they listed that i was involuntary discharged due to insubordination, my manager and i had gotten into an arguement , he was going to fire me , then he changed his mind and took me off of the job that i was doing, i had been asking for 2 months to let me swap to another shift, he told me to find someone to swap with , every time i did he did not want that person on his shift, the next day when i came in , my managers boss fired me, my manager told him that he has had me in the office3 times in the past month because of my attitude, this is not true , i have never been written up or warned about my attitude,yet and still there are people that get written up all the time for arguing out on the floor with other people, and getting time off, ive never been warned or been sent home for my attitude, we did have an arguement about a month earlier, he was accusing me of saying things that i didnt say , but he did not write me up or warn me when i came back to work, he apologized to me for not listening to me,
he also told his manager that no one wanted me on their shift , ive never had a problem with any one on another shift, now he is telling me that he will write a letter of recommendation if i need one for a new job. he also said that i always did my job and i was never absent from work.i was also paid my vacation that i had left and for next year also, all i want to know is if i will be eligible for unemployment?

racer72

Georgia huh? Right to work state. Can be fired and hired for just about any reason. It would be your word against all of your former bosses. Who do you think will win? You probably do not qualify for unemployment benefits. You can apply and see what happens.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, I've just got to say this. Right to work means you can't be forced to join a union. What you are referring to is employment at will. But you are correct that this is the case in Georgia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">