• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair change of pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xrandee

I was hired for a sales position on November 14th, 2000. Upon my hire, I was told I would receive $1,000 per month salary, plus a $300 commission/bonus if I were to sell a total of 10 or more of the product (cellular phones)per month, to be paid on the 15th of the following month. After calling several of our other locations and speaking with several other sales reps, this was also the promised pay to all of their employees. However, after Christmas was over, on Jan. 2, we were informed that we would only receive a bonus if we sold 20 phones-they say they changed it and forgot to tell us. Is there anything we can do about this?

B

buddy2bear

Not a member of a union -- No employment contract -- Nothing in writing. Terms and conditions of employment can be changed at any time unless the change is illegal. Three choices -- (1) accept it; (2) protest it and possibly be fired or not; or (3) find a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">