• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair hiring practices???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Juzeplum

I was hired as a temporary employee for a temp to permanent job. After being told that I was doing great & that I exceeded expectations...I was told that there were no permanent positions available. Shortly after being told this 13 individuals w/less experience than I and who are not producing as 'well' as I was told I was doing were hired permanently and told not to say anything. Prior to this other people w/less skills and experience were hired. When I went to the manager w/my concerns...I was told that I was doing great...exceeding expectations...but I was told to be mindful of the amount of time I had missed which equaled 22 hours. When I mentioned that one of the persons hired permanently had missed much more time that I had...I was told that was not the only determining factor in who is hired permanently. When I mentioned that I was told that I was doing exceptionally well..I was basically shrugged off with the explanation....as well other things determine who is hired permanently. Basically I feel like an idiot. I am doing my job...giving 125% and people that are doing less (and not as well as I am told I am doing)are reaping all the benefits. Oh...and my hair is in dreadlocks. I don't know if I am being discriminated against..and if so..why... I just need some feedback on what is going on..and how I should handle it. Please help me. This is driving me crazy. It's just not fair

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes personalities clash. Don't question your work, question other people's motives -- like their insecurities.

The best thing to do: just see if you can get a letter of recommendation from them, give them consent to only mention your dates of employment and go from there.

crager34

Good post lawrat

I like your no-nonsense approach. As I feel for this person and others, it took me awhile to finally not take things like this personally and make the best of the situation.

I suggest to this person, take from this job all the experience that you can. It will only ADD to your resume.

L

lawrat

Crager -- exactly. You see, I come from an interesting situation -- experience. I have had someone tell me they were reorganizing their company after I worked as an independent contractor for awhile and that I would be forced to leave. Guess what? They then hired someone much older than me with the same education but less direct experience? Why? Because I was younger than my boss, much younger. But this woman, is the same age or a little older.

Get it, Juze! Life is unfair but sometimes, you need to understand that that is the biggest life lesson!

J

Juzeplum

Thanks for the insight Lawrat & Crager 34. I really appreciate your feedback.

Peace & Blessings,

Juzeplum

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">