• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair managers, need to talk ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlitos07960

Who should i call in NJ

New Jersey
I was hired by a company that for now will called “C” on May 2004 as a Loss Prevention Agent, on my orientation I was asked to present my Green card, I don’t carry my green card, never did because I was in this country since I was 10 years old but I did have my passport with me with Immigration stamp on it that proofs that I am legal here in the USA.
The HR person in charged of this orientation “T” told me in a firm tone of voice that I wasn’t legal in front of everyone showed her the stamp and she repeated her comment, I also told her that HR can call US department of immigration and check, HR person told me in a firm tone of voice “that is not our problem, you have to go there and get the info”
I was so embarrassed. I mentioned this to my supervisor and he got upset and told me that if it ever happens again he was going to tell his boss about it.
Approximately 2 weeks later HR person asked me for the documents again in front of other associates, I showed my passport again and she said that she was going to fax it to her central office; 2 days later HR person told me that they won’t accept my documents.
Again I was so embarrassed and upset that I responded, I am so American that I am voting for Kerry, democratic is the way;
I can’t vote but I wish and I also wish that I have never said this comment.
During all this time I heard indirect negative comments by General Manager about democratic people.
I showed my Green Card to the GM and informed him of the orientation incident.
He ignored me and stated that I was just a floor walker and that I should not worry about this. In several occasions I asked him for policies and procedures book that I wanted to learned it because I was planning to be a leader in company C.
He stated with a smirk “what you need to concentrate in is in your floor walks.
The Loss Prevention Department “LP Dept” had much paperwork to be completed if involved in a shoplifting case; this paperwork took approximately 25 minutes to complete and no other way but by hand.
I spent approximately 2weeks to create a PC format and created this forms so that all paperwork be completed in less than 5 minutes, no other location from this company has the system I created, the purpose of this idea was to reduce time of paperwork and increase productivity. My LP superiors were impressed.
Warehouse managers and LP superiors have different ideas and Power within the company. One time I asked an associate where was the GM going with merchandise they demo from he back door, the associate told me that for your information GM is taking the merchandise from our office, As LP Agent I researched am came to a conclusion that he gives this items to his father to donate to his church, why GM church, why not my church and why use the back door when this is not aloud.
As a LP Agent I have to question and protect company’s assets but when I questioned management I started being mistreated.

On June 12, 2005 at approximately 1110 hours, I C. D. while employed as a Loss Prevention Agent for C New Jersey, was explained the following.

On Saturday June 11, 2005 I was conducting a warehouse push ( 4 warehouse associates starts walking from back of the warehouse towards the front notifying members that the warehouse is closed and not letting member walk past behind the associates) at approximately 1820 hours, I received a call on my cell phone from an unknown number, I answered the call, according to Management, I used the cell phone during C time, as a Loss Prevention agent I use and pretend to use the phone during my walks, (I have to blend in as a regular member to apprehend shoplifters) every associate uses the cell phone during C time even managers, some managers have their husbands visit daily.
All started when I apprehended a juvenile for shoplifting and when finishing my paperwork, warehouse manager told me that I will not prosecute this person, I responded “according to my superiors I have to prosecute every shoplifter”
GM responded “well I pay you and you do what I tell you” upon some research GM knew this shoplifter and it was ok for this Juvenile to shoplift from C.
I decided to challenge the GM and informed my other superiors and their response was that I did not want to challenge Management, nothing was done. I have done my job to a superb level. I was single out because I wanted to investigate management for abusing time since they are on salary there is no way to check on management coming in and out of work, except our Loss Prevention DVRs video recordings, Upon management finding this out they transferred some managers to different locations, new general manager sent the DVRs out for repairs, when DVR was back, all hard drives were deleted. Our computer was exchanged for a new one and my evidence was gone.
As a loss Prevention Agent we are require to blend in as a regular members, Talk, shop, ask questions, dress like any other member.
On April 10th I was written up for personal talk with one of the new associates, I was written up because I introduced myself and explained my duties as a Loss Prevention Agent, on this date HR Manager asked me to come into the computer room, “not an office” and explained to me that I broke C policy, two days later Warehouse manager signed the form as a witness when he was not even present. I even placed a complained to C Loss Prevention Manager about how I wanted to transfer out of the warehouse because I was being treated unfair and different from others, he asked me if I wanted to have a meeting with the 315 managers, himself and I, I responded yes I want to know the reason why this was happening but nothing was done. One day I hurt my back and tried to filed an incident report because I was in severe pain, a manager told me that why I was telling her, she did not even ask me if I wanted medical attention, my back still hurts today (when I sleep) I did not want to loose my job, so I continued with my LP duties.
During an apprehension and a struggle with a shoplifter, my left leg and knee got hurt, this time I did not want to report because I felt that it could lead to loosing my job. On June 10 2005 my left leg felt weird, the next day June 11, 2005 I was limping at work, I went to the bathroom and slip on the wet floor, I told my supervisor that my leg was hurting and that I can not walk right, couple of hours later my supervisor was informed by new GM manager that she wanted me on the floor walking, I was in so much pain that I wanted to go home but if I asked to go home it would of looked bad for me.
Today is June 14, 2005 and according to management I am suspended for 3 days and on Friday June 15, 2005 I have to call warehouse manager to see if they have a position for me, they told me that if I wanted to work for C that I would have to work as a cashier or push carts, I am so stressed from all of this, I have lost weight and had facial breakout at age 33. Don’t know what to do, need legal help and professional advice.
I don’t know what to do This Friday June 15, 2005
Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Any help will be deeply appreciated. who should i call? Any local organizations?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one is going to call you.

First of all, this is not a lawyer referral service. It is for general legal advice. Reputable attorneys are not trolling this site looking for cases.

Secondly, even if someone were inclined to phone you, which they won't be, you didn't leave a phone number!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">