• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kellybells

I have been employed with a small company Woman Owned Business with approx. 18 employees. I am currently the only full time salary female there. I have been working there for approx 6 months and found out that I was pregnant after 3 months of working. I have 2 children and I am the insurance benefits provider in my home. Here in Chicago IL we have had bad weather the past few days. I called into work on Monday 12.11.00 and told him that I was unable to get into work and was going to be there. This morning I called in Tuesday due to the fact the my son was ill and I was ill also. He told me that this wasn't going to work and that I need to make an appointment with him to come in and pick up my things or he will mail them to me. Well, I was of course very upset and I told him to mail me my things from my desk that I could never face anyone of them again. There is actually no reason to be terminated, I am the only full-time female employee. The company is all men except for one female that works 2 days a week. I now have no income coming in and I am pregnant. What about insurance? Can they do this? Is there any type of law firing a woman that is pregnant?

W

wowie

I am not an attorney. . .

wow! Sorry to hear your story. I don't know about your legal situation, but I wanted to write to let you know a possible solution to your insurance situation. Depending on income and family size you could sign up for CHIP (children's health insurance program) this should be available through your state department of health and human services. There is a VERY minimal premium and small or no co-pays depending on income. In Ohio they require your kids to have no insurance for two months before they are accepted unless they have medical problems. Also, for women there is Medicaide also available through DHHS. Both programs provid good insurance so that your family won't have to worry about medical problems. To supplement your income you could apply for WIC (Women Infants and Children). It provides pregnant and nursing women, infants and children with essential food (don't worry, it's not like being on food stamps. it is just there to help out so that your babies can grow up healthy)

Hope this helps!!

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">