• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

disappointed in NJ

I have been in the medical field for 21 years and work in a NJ hospital.For the first time,I got written up.
I clocked in at 6:30am,15 mins before start of shift.I was told to watch patient who was physically abusive and retraints were not allowed.I wanted to think about it,as I was afraid I would get hurt.I was written up for "refusing" (thinking about it,yet the night shift was sitting around and talking and none of them we asked to do it. Now,I cant tranfer to another floor as my manager is blocking my transfer for another opening tat I wanted.There is no written policy stating I cant tranfer due to being written up.I feel this is unfair. I was forced to sign the form otherwise it is considered resigning if you dont.That is a written policy. Do I have recourse? My supervisor is not a nice person and there is no union.The patient did punch and hit me later in the day,but I was not hurt.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You really need to go and speak with an employment labor law attorney in your state.

Forced to sign papers is not really the proper wording you are seeking here. I am sure there is either a law regulated by the Fair Labor Standards Act or by the EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission) that overrules what is written policy or in a handbook.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">