• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair treatment and possible discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sharonpin

What is the name of your state? Maryland
i wanted to know if once you have been with a company for awhile and put in a transfer to another department and they offer you the position with a start date and welcome you into your new position and your present employer where you are at until your transfer date try to stop your transfer by writing you up on second written notice without you being aware of such reasons after you have been offered another position is that right or wrong. also that they wrote you up after they approved for you to leave early just so that you can not put in transfer papers. This is happening to me now.

TamaraL

I'm almost positive there is nothing unlawful here, i would definately take it up with my HR rep though.

wushukungfoo

I'm inclined to agree with TamaraL. Something similar to this happened to me and I did not have any recourse whatsoever. My suggesstion would be to contact the HR department and discuss the situation. Sometimes they can intervene on your behalf.

hope this helps...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Punctuation is your friend. It would be a whole lot easier to answer your question if it wasn't all one long runon sentence.

But the law does not prohibit your boss from writing you up just because you applied for a transfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">