• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfairly terminated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donald Palmer

i have been terminated from my job recently for these reasons!
1)one of the companies family members moved to my region and work slowed down.qoute from letter i recieved:rick has recently finished work with (company name) and will be returning home soon(ohio).to keep peace in the family,i have agreed to use him for future ohio work.
2) i complained about the hours we were working.(also stated
in the letter).my concerns with the hours were for saftey reasons
- i was working a minimum of 85 to 115 hours a week,
sometimes within just 4 to 5 days.
- i was driving anywhere from 3 to 8hrs per day included
in the total work time which is extremely dangerous at
least in my view.
- i also worked with hazardous materials to perform my
job (radioactivematerials).
i have proof of the hourss we worked.
do i have a case against the company or am i able to recieve some type of compensation from them other than unemployment?

thanks don

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Reason #1 is perfectly legal. Unfair maybe, but not illegal.

Reasons #2 & 3 I can't be much help with since I have never worked in an industry where DOT regs came into play. I can tell you this, though. If either the DOT or OSHA has said that working that many hours is unsafe, and you reported the violation to them, you are protected. However, if it's not illegal under any state or Federal agency and you simply protested a company policy, that's not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">