• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfairness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chilly1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?illinois

my wife is having some problems at work in as the fact that she has been written up on 4 occasions for being 1 minute late... she was pulled into supervisors office and told that she is now getting 3 days off...all of this is in the employee handbook as far as the disciplanary procedures that they took but in the hand book it also states that an "occurance for tardiness is after 15 minutes" ...there are other employees where she works that seem to get more occurances but nothing seems to happen in their cases...is this a problem that is under some federal,state law or is it just an employer doing as they please..i would think that unfair labor practices are going on

JETX

"is this a problem that is under some federal,state law or is it just an employer doing as they please"
*** No violation as you describe.

"i would think that unfair labor practices are going on"
*** Nope. Though it may appear unfair and poor management, the actions you describe are not prohibited. However, there is an easy solution.... she needs to plan on getting to work 5 minutes EARLY every day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">