• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unknown illness & Family Leave Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethhale

florida: I have a problem with my wrist that x-rays and MRI's don't show. I've been to every kind of Dr. Nobody can find anything wrong (carpal tunnel, arthritis, rheumatism, sprain, fracture - etc.) I have had the problem before, but it gradually got better.

This problem gets in the way of me doing my job (comp Programmer). I would like to take a couple of weeks off, so that my employer doesn't suffer the lack of productivity, and so that I can recover (working seems to prevent recovery), and so that I don't have to keep "pretending" I'm doing my job.

Orthopedic surgeon hesitant to write me a disability note, saying that if I don't get better, it can be used against me.

Can i use the family leave act to take a few weeks off and try to get better, or at least find out what's wrong?

what can i do to protect my job, so i won't get fired or laid off for taking too much time off?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">