• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Disclosure of Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeesaW

Confidentialiy Issue

Unlawful Disclosure of Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? VA

Im not sure as to what my legal actions could be, could someone please enlighten me?

My employer disclosed criminal history information to a previous employer without my consent.

I worked for this company for 20 years, then I resigned, and moved out of the state. Upon my arrival back to VA, I started working for a Temp Agency who placed me with my previous employer. After the temp work was done, I was re-hired by my previous employer. I am NO LONGER working for the temp agency since my re-hire. I disclosed all of my criminal history on my application with the exception of one charge that I accidentally left off. (It was an honest mistake on my part, and I do take full responibility for that.) I was terminated by this company because of that omission. That's not what I have a problem with. I have a issue with the personnel manager calling the temp agency that I no longer worked for to inquire if I put the conviction on the application they had on file. Therfore, disclosing the conviction to the temp agency. ( I had not put it on their application as well, (not intentionally) but because I had forgotten about the conviction. My plans were to meet with the temp agency and "add" the conviction to my application. Now, I am no longer able to do that because the personnel manager disclosed that information and the temp agency thinks I am a "liar". Do I have any legal recourse?

Last edited:

Beth3

Do I have any legal recourse? No. Your criminal convictions are a matter of public record. This is not confidential/protected information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">