• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawful termination of job (discrimination)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eliot Jeffers

I work as a waiter in New York city. I have been on the job since spring of 98. A week ago i had an incident with one of the chefs she is a part owner and her brother is an owner also. She told me not to touch the ticket spike which was on my side because she was in the kitchen and I said i am not bothering you. She got mad and threw a ceramic plate at me and it missed and broke at the same time her husband who works in the kitchen was trying to attack me with a metal spoon ,but he was stopped by the manager. I was suspended and fired for provoking her. I filed a police report the charge was harassment. THe restaraunt has a policy of three warnings my record is spotless i was denied a warning. Other co workers who are not african american have actually cursed these two chefs and no disciplinary action was taken. Can i sue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">