• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LauraAllen

I live in Georgia. I worked for 2 months at a new job before the owner told me he could not pay me for the last 2 weeks that I worked. He told me to find another job because he was almost broke, and when he sold the office furniture or got some money, he would pay me. This was 3 weeks ago. I need that 2-week paycheck and he is not intending to sell the furniture according to another co-worker who is still there but not being paid. I have a signed contract that says he would pay me for all days worked if I were terminated. It seems that he believes if he ignores the situation, the money he owes me will just go away. What is my recourse? This involved about $1300 for me and $3000 for another employee whom he hasn't paid. How do we get our paychecks from a man who says, "I'll pay you when I get some money," but he owns a condo at Panama City, Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">