• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid wages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hdjx20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
Hello up until recently I was employed at a local restaurant as a waiter. I know as a waiter even with tips I came short of minimum wage. I was also payed under the table cash. This establishment recently closed down and reopened under new management. In the process I was let go and did not receive my last paycheck. Am I out of luck on this one?

Beth3

You should file a complaint for your unpaid wages with your State's Department of Labor and see what they can do for you. Same goes for not receiving at least minimum wage.

You can turn the owner into the IRS for paying people under the table but if you do, if you haven't declared all your income and paid taxes on it, you're running the risk of having some tax problems of your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">